Wednesday, May 20, 2009

last day of work

Memorial Day weekend begins after work today, which flows into my maternity leave, and I don't have to work again until August 17th!

I know the days are going to fly by, and I will hardly be laying around relaxing. I'm sure I will actually be working harder at home than I do at work. Especially considering I'm at work, and I'm writing this. But, for right now, I'm just going to enjoy this day.

I feel like I'm a senior, and it's the last day of high school. I am seriously jealous of teachers, like my mother and sister, who get to feel like this every year. I often wish I became a teacher, but according to my parents, "summers off", was not a good enough reason.

My boss recently asked me how I was feeling, and I told him that if he really wanted to know, it felt like something was going to fall out of me at any minute. If I had become a teacher, it probably wouldn't be appropriate to say the first thing that comes to mind all the time like that. Maybe that's why my parents talked me out of teaching. Good call, Mom and Dad.

Though it probably wasn't appropriate to say that to my boss, either...

0 comments:

About This Blog

test, test, test

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates

Back to TOP